Saturday, January 19, 2008

Breakfast in France

Okay, so I have never really had breakfast in France, actually I have never even been to France, but a girl can dream right? Someday I will sit outside at a little cafe and have croissants and watch the people of Paris go by. But for today, sitting in the kitchen with my family (still in our PJ's), eating crepes filled with mini chocolate chips will have to do.


Crepes

3 cups milk
2 cup all-purpose flour
5 eggs
2 TBSP canola oil
mini chocolate chips
*fresh strawberries and whipped cream are also really yummy in these!

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
Heat a 6 or 8 inch skillet over medium high heat.
Spray with cooking spray
Remove from heat and use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pore just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
Return to stove and cook for about 1 min. or until lightly brown on one side
*I usually flip my crepe and cook for a few more seconds, but you do not have to.
It takes awhile to make enough crepe to feed all six of us, so I usually warm the oven and put them on a plate in the oven until I am done.
Once done cooking the crepes, sprinkle each with the desired amount of mini chocolate chips (or other filling of your choice) and roll them up!

They are pretty simple, but tasty and the kids are always begging for more!

Bon Appetite

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com