Monday, January 28, 2008

Favorite Foods...

So, tonight I am making one of my favorite dinners.  Flank Steak and Cauliflower covered in Cheese, Yummy.  I think I will serve in with a side of red potatoes, probably quartered and roasted in the oven.  It looks like my Rosemary plant has not died yet, so I will even have some fresh Rosemary for the potatoes.  Is  your mouth watering yet?  Both the Flank Steak and Cauliflower recipe come from my mom, and I am not sure where I got the potato recipe from.


Flank Steak Marinade

1/4 Cup Ketchup
2TBSP Soy Sauce
1tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 TBSP  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce

Mix ingredients in large zip lock bag.   Add Flank Steak and marinate in fridge for at least a few hours ( I put mine in this morning before we started school).  
Broil or grill 5-8 min per side.

Cheesy Cauliflower

1 head of Cauliflower
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp Yellow Mustard
Cheddar Cheese, shredded, enough to cover cauliflower, (I am usually pretty generous with the cheese)
 
Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees.
Clean cauliflower and cut into florets.
Steam 15 min, or until tender, but not mushy.
Place steamed cauliflower in baking dish.
Spread mayonnaise/mustard mixture over cauliflower.
Cover with cheese.
Cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese is melted.

Roasted Red Potatoes

1 1/2- 2 pounds of red potatoes, quartered.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
1 TBSP fresh Rosemary, chopped

Preheat oven 425 degrees.
Place quartered potatoes in a bowl.
Add 1-2 TBSP EVOO
Add salt, pepper and Rosemary and mix.
Spread potatoes on baking sheet
Bake 15 minutes, flip, bake another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.




1 comments:

Jess said...

Hello there - I'm a fellow homeschooling mom of 3 in the DC area who happened upon your blog from another blog! I love how you have your recipes listed! I'm trying to find a convenient way to sort of do the same type of thing. I love exchanging recipes with people but haven't figured out an easy way to do that yet...maybe this is it. There are a couple of cool websites I've stumbled on as well.
One is menus4moms.com, which lists the entire menu for the week as well as the grocery list. Pretty cool! Anyway, thanks for your recipes. I'll add them to my list!

 
template by suckmylolly.com